Tuesday, October 5, 2010

AUTUMN is here!

In more ways than one!
Introducing one of my newest digi images available at
the star of the season...
AUTUMN Raking


This week at
The Pixie Cottage

we’re on CHALLENGE #39 sketch/embossing
as always you have a choice...you may use our sketch ...

and or the theme/technique:

which this week has a choice built in...

EMBOSSING~ wet or dry...

what's your favorite?


Go create, and then link back your NEW creation to
CHALLENGE #39 sketch/embossing
for a chance to win Pixie Cottage Stamps !!


I opted for both the sketch and wet embossing with a twist.

Here's my card featuring AUTUMN Raking

***She has this little pile of Challenges***

A Spoon Full of Sugar -Sparkle and shine

Wild Orchid -Stitch it UP

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge -Layer it on (5+)

Paper Playtime -Ribbons, BUTTONS, or Rhinestones

Stampin’ for the Weekend -Autumn Inspiration

Timbroscrapmania -Autumn colors

Craftalicious -Harvest Festival/ Autumn

Paper Sundaes -Something from your stash—FUN FOAM!

Kaboodle Doodles -Celebrate all colors of Fall

***

In the sketch there are a trio of implied flowers-

I switched it up and went with monstrous leaves.

Paper seemed too flat...I love dimension;

so I pondered what would happen if I embossed on fun foam?

I took pictures in case I had a catastrophe :)

Whewww...no fire engines necessary!

I dusted off old Stampin' pads and a layered leaf set

that would be fabulous for my vision of falling leaves!


zoom shot of stamped image with 3 inks...


time for the element of the challenge: EMBOSSING...

I thought I'd try them all...the product on right did not fair too well,

but made a few dimensional bumps on 1 leaf.

got heat?

I wish I had more...it's barely fall and I'm already dressing for winter!


the fun foam started to crumple a bit...leaves are NOT flat...


TA-DA....
ooooooooh the texture!!!

this one shows more of the veins...


this one has the molecule spots of Utee...



Soon this will be the picture outside my window, for now Oklahoma is still rather green!



without having to type the 3 dots I love to use





22 comments:

  1. Absolutely Falltastic! Love your card, and the fab tutorial. Another WOW from me ArTish.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks as if you have been having a bit of messy fun! Love it.. Thanks for joining in Kaboodledoodles this week and hope to see you for the next challenge. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love your card and adore that image. It is SO cute. I'm definitely going to have to check out your stuff! Thank you for participating in the Paper Playtime Challenge!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow tish
    this is absolutely stunning, love your creatrion, the leaves are fabulous
    thanks for joining us at TSM
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello ArTish! Absolutely stunning! I love these leaves you created, fabulous! great layering job, I love all the sewing around the shapes. Beautiful creation. Thank's for playing along with us this week in our Stamptacular Layer-it-on challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well ArTish you have a done a marvelous job. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, what a beautiful creation. Your stitching is gorgeous!!

    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Paper Sundae's and using something from your stash.

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card Artish! I love all the stitching and layers. The leaves are soo wonderful. I had a very similar idea using your image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice card! love the fall colours! thanks for joining us at stamptacular this week! also i'm givign away a candy have a look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how cool is this! Love the leaves and the brads and of course the image :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that image and all the details you put on this. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous image Artish and beautiful Autumnal colours which are perfect for our challenge this week at Kaboodledoodles. Thank you for playing along and we hope you will join us for our next challenge.

    shirley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning work!!! Amazing leafs and thanks for tutorial!! Thanks for joining us at TSM challenge too!!
    Hugs, Giò

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - this is fabulous! Great image and I love all the details - especially the stitching! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at Wild Orchid Crafts ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your leaves are fabulous! Fun Foam was absolutely perfect to use for our 'Stash' challenge, I'm sure we all have some tucked away somewhere, I know I do! Beautiful card, too... those colours are so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great fall card Tish, your new digi is lovely and your tutorial is very clear!!
    Adrina XX

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is just fantastic! Absolutely worth all the hard work you put into it!
    Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
    Farrah

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Gorgeous leaves and fabulous stitching! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is beautiful autumn! The leaves are fantastic!Thank you for joining us at TSM Challenge! Lina

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, it looks like a ton of work for those leaves, but fabulous look they give the card when done. Thanks for the step by step. I'm going to have to try it. Thanks so much for sharing such a fabulous creation with us for our Layer It On Challenge at SSC.
    Hugs xx
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun card and I love the leaves! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week!

    ReplyDelete